Our Corona, California facility has an opportunity for a new Human Resources Manager!
The HR Manager is responsible for the overall management and results of the HR department within an assigned facility, with focus on:
- Leading and developing the HR team.
- Understanding, supporting, advising and partnering with local management to effectively drive business results and achieve company goals.
- Leading, implementing, championing, administering and monitoring people-related programs and initiatives aligned with applicable laws/regulations, local business objectives, broader company goals and the strategic plan.
- Working with management to create a positive experience for employees throughout the employment life cycle via recruitment processes, performance/compensation management, training & development, and succession management programs.
- Support, consult, train and coach all levels of the management team regarding people-related laws, policies, programs and issues to help managers make informed decisions, which ultimately advance business objectives. Collaboratively influence and/or challenge perspectives when appropriate.
- Oversee the implementation of HR programs, and use continuous improvement methodologies to monitor existing programs for efficiency/effectiveness.
- Partner with management to address organizational effectiveness issues using root-cause analysis and process improvement methodologies.
- Manage recruitment and staffing plans that meets the current and long-term needs of the organization in a manner consistent within legal guidelines and relevant affirmative action plans.
- Generate, monitor and interpret various reports as required to provide the local management team, as well as Corporate departments, clear, accurate and actionable information to help make informed business decisions.
- Determine and recommend engagement/retention strategies necessary to maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Monitor employee satisfaction and engagement though various methods such as pulse surveys, and stay/exit interviews.
- Conduct thorough, objective investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forward.
- Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Oversee general employment practices including interviewing process, participating in disciplinary actions and terminations in accordance with corporate guidelines and applicable local, State and Federal laws.
- Coordinate and develop management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, leave management, etc.
- Supervise HR staff in all areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, timekeeping administration, coordination of employee training and organizational development.
- Responsible for development, discipline, performance feedback and appraisals, administration of polices, time off approvals, etc. for all direct reports.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Five (5) years of progressive HR experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience managing HR staff
- Solid understanding of key HR metrics and a general knowledge of principles/practices of HR Management
- Advanced understanding and practical application of common local, State and federal HR/employment-related laws and regulations, such as FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to explain issues.
- Strong presentation, organizational, and analytical skills
- Up to 10% domestic travel (travel is not the norm but may be required occasionally)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Requires a favorable motor vehicle report upon hire
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bilingual ability with English and Spanish
- HR Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
- HR Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SuccessFactors/SAP HCM
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions. Employees are expected to maintain regular and consistent attendance and comply with the company’s policies and procedures as a condition of employment.
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.