The Trauma Sales Representative I is primarily responsible for providing technical advice to customers to help achieve the sales objectives in assigned direct sales territories while operating within Company policies/procedures and the assigned expense budget. The Trauma Sales Representative I has contributory responsibility to gross profit on the sales in the U.S. and specific sales areas.
- Achieving sales quota and growing business, within assigned territory
- Converting physicians and accounts by making sales calls, influencing change in customers, and using financial programs
- Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Orthopedic Trauma portfolio and product line, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for Orthopedic Trauma products.
- Train physicians on Smith & Nephew products through education/programs (i.e. labs and training courses). Conduct Orthopedic in-service training programs at hospitals and clinics as scheduled and required.
- Establishes, develops and maintains field contact with key podiatric and orthopedic surgeons, hospitals, OR Staff, administration, clinicians and researchers.
- Develops rapport with personnel at target Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers within a specific territory.
- Establishes, develops or maintains technical sales support in all accounts under regional group contracts.
- Assists product managers on field projects to include test markets, market surveys, product idea evaluations, and competitive research.
- Establishes and maintains written and oral communication with both field and internal sales management with attention to sales calls made, follow-up required, market potential and recommendations as to new sales, pricing, or promotional strategy
- Assists in building and maintaining a high level of enthusiasm for Orthopedic Trauma products within assigned territory or area
- Responsible for field inventory and sales samples as assigned
- Develops business plan under the direction of the Director of Sales and the Area Vice President
- Works in tandem with Trauma, Endo and Recon counterparts to provide excellent service and communication within accounts
- Requires ability to meet travel demands and work within fast paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Requires valid driver's license applicable to current residence to facilitate travel requirements of the position
- Prefers a minimum (2) two years sales experience in a technical sales position or sales experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Rep in good Standing for internal promotions
- Requires strong PC applications skills to include proficiency in various software applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processing, preferably Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Requires a dynamic, assertive individual with technical-oriented leadership ability and well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Requires ability to get to all customers' operations and facilities via air, own automobile and local transport
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology and dynamic business growth
- Requires the ability to operate complex medical equipment
- Requires the ability to hear and communicate customer problems with sales representatives in person and on the telephone
- Requires the ability to read computer output on CRT Screen and printed material
- Requires the ability to read complex reference material and written user manuals
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions
Smith+Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.