The Warehouse Worker III (Lead) is responsible for receiving, palletizes, vaulting, storing, staging pulls and distributing goods, materials, equipment, and products at a Corovan transportation account in the field, in order to fulfill commercial storage work orders. Serves as a lead to other warehouse workers and temporary staff. May take daily direction from the Account Manager. Reports to the Transportation Manager.
- Leads and directs the activities of assigned movers, warehouse workers, temps or RL crews.
- As a Lead, may be assigned to open, close and set alarms on remote warehouses upon assignment by Transportation Manager.
- Must possess the ability to teach basic COV University WD training, CS training and Safety classes using PowerPoint for new hires or when required by Manager.
- Loads and unloads trucks with loose, boxed or palletized goods.
- Inspects goods for damage and verifies complete orders.
- Palletizes and/or un-palletizes goods.
- Vaults and/or un-vaults goods.
- Pads, stretch-wraps and protects goods prior to placement in storage to prevent damage.
- Places and pulls goods throughout the warehouse via the use of a pallet jack, forklift, order picker or moving equipment.
- Enters and updates inventory information through the use of hand held scanning equipment and interface with warehouse inventory management system.
- Meets or exceeds Corovan commercial productivity standards for pieces per hour, pallets per hour, pieces on pallets per hour and hours per vault inbound and outbound.
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear (back braces, etc.), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.)
- Must be able to fully complete work orders, inbounds, outbounds, accesses and cross-docks as well as bills of lading, tick sheets, OS&D forms and circle sheets.
- Must coordinate with supervisor for daily tasks.
- Ability to accurately document all movement and or changes in inventory through the use of a hand held scanning device and interface with the warehouse asset management system.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers, transportation and operation teams to establish solid relationships.
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform the Account Manager and operations manager immediately, so that appropriate coverage can be arranged.
- Handle customer complaints in a timely manner and escalate any pertinent matters to the Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Must work cooperatively with members of the crew.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing and potential customers.
- Must be respectful of rules at each customer site as to where to work, and adhere to meal and rest period locations.
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding any products or services that are visible at a customer's move site.
- Must follow all security rules for the company and assigned customers.
- Promote Corovan's Mission and Vision Statements.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear (back braces, safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, masks and/or gloves, etc. as required by the customer or by law), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.).
- Report any unsafe dangerous requests from customers to senior management.
- Sign timesheets daily signifying your start, meal periods and end time daily, and other documentation is completed accurately and turned in by the time requirement.
All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS - Organization skills with ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedures, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories. Ability to write legible notes and correspondence. Must efficiently communicate well with customers and coworkers.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and correctly interpret the legend on installation drawings and read both standard and metric tape measures.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to consistently use good judgment to plan and complete work assignments.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Ability to communicate directly with customers via the use of email or phone calls. Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing and potential customers.
- OTHER DUTIES:
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of systems furniture including but not limited to Steelcase, Haworth and Herman Miller, as well as case goods nomenclature including the ability to identify any and all brand and line types on sight.
- Must have a good, solid working knowledge of the asset management hardware and software operation for scanning goods in and out of the warehouse. Sort and filter reports, and accurately verify scans.
- Must have ability to work efficiently without constant direct supervision and have ability to make assigned helpers productive.
- Must be proficient with company concept, practices, and procedures and a strict adherence to safety and security protocols.
- Must be able to efficiently pad-wrap furniture and properly load into vaults and trucks without damage.
- Must comply with all safety rules including but not limited to the use of PPE (safety gear, back braces, harnesses, etc.), operating forklifts and other power handling equipment, using seatbelts, operating at safe speeds, ensuring trucks are chocked, and using proper plates, etc.
- Must be able to take and follow through on orders given by the Account Manager or Operations manager immediately.
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, let the supervisor and/or manager know immediately.
- Occasionally works directly with clients on accesses and walkthroughs. May provide explanations of inventories for customers.
- Must show initiative and good judgment.
- Must finish her/her current job/work order before starting on another one, unless directed by supervisor or manager.
- Must coordinate with Account Manager for daily tasks.
- Sets the example and upholds the standards and rules of Corovan.
- Works closely with the Account Manager to create the most efficient warehouse possible.
- Should be an expert with inventory, and if not, should know how to find the answer.
- Certified forklift operator on both sit-down and narrow aisle equipment (up to 5th level on pallets and 3rd level on vaults maximum). Able to move vaults, palletized product and loose product within the warehouse when directed by a supervisor.
- Must be able to read and correctly interpret current warehouse and transportation work orders and bills of lading.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five - seven (5-7) years' warehouse experience required.
- Forklift certification required.
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint required.
- Experience with a Handheld Scanner required.
- Valid California driver's license is required.
- Valid driving record that meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
- Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position may occasional require exposure to the manufacturing, assembly and construction areas and under certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields and/or hearing protection. This list is not all inclusive.
- Temp/Weather: Works in either 1) Warehouse - may be exposed to cold temperature, and 2) Outside - may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme cold.
- Noise: Works in warehouse or outside environment, with constant or intermittent noise.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a part-time non-exempt position, which may require up to and exceeding 40 hours per week. Employees might require to work late evenings or weekends depending upon business needs.
- All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
May need to operate personal vehicle in service for Corovan going between buildings, or making pickups or drop offs as needed. Approved mileage reimbursement will be provided for these type of tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.