We are currently seeking an Urban Designer to join our team. As an Urban Designer, you will be responsible for participating in all phases of large scale projects for a variety of clients as well as scoping work and developing the project approach and work plans for support projects.
- Designs and manages planning and urban design projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to Firmwide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates reliable understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Continually contributes to the upgrade of the design process, working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and consultants
- Participates in managing client relationship.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution techniques with clients and project team members.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assist in preparation of proposals; participate in interviews and public presentations.
- Participates in intra company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures HOK standards for project management are met.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development
- Bachelor's degree in urban design, planning or architecture plus 5 to 10 years' experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master's degree in urban design or planning may also be required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment, LEED ND preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.