The position of Digital Data Inspector will be responsible for the first article, in-process, and final inspection flight hardware; including but not limited to: fabricated parts, weldments, machined parts, tools, and assemblies. The Digital Data Inspector will be required to use various metrology tools to measure and compare actual features on components to the part requirements.
- Must be able to properly document inspection, prepare first article documentation and certification packages.
- Perform in-process and final inspections on product and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
- Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- The ability to inspect using conventional inspection tools.
- Interpret complicated aerospace drawings and specifications.
- The ability to use CMM's (PCDMIS Software), Faro Arms, Romer Arms, Leica Laser Trackers, and various inspection devices.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Aerospace Quality Assurance with relevant experience in Aerospace and Mechanical field of work in the performance of technical job function.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read blueprints and use precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, comparators, and gages, etc.)
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff, and public in a courteous manner
- Willingness to work overtime; 2nd or 3rd shift activities are required.
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral or written instructions.
Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.