The position of Maintenance Mechanic, Sr. performs rebuilds and repairs in maintaining machine equipment to ensure orderly functionality. The Maintenance Mechanic, Sr. also executes the work orders associated with the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives oral and written orders from Facilities Supervisor.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by Companies operation schedule.
- Follow applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making repairs to maintain equipment.
- The ability to work with outside contractors to attain results.
- Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.
The Maintenance Mechanic, Sr. position will report to the Facilities Supervisor.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
- Ten years' experience (or equivalent knowledge)
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose complicated machine problems, including 3 & 5-axis CNC controls and machining centers.
- The ability to tear down servos and troubleshoot electrical components.
- Must be able to repair and rebuild mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components and equipment.
- Must be able to use precision measurement instruments.
- Able to set up preventive maintenance schedules for equipment.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff, and the public in a courteous manner.
- Familiarity with Haas, Fadal, Okuma, OKK, Mori Seiki, AWEA, Nicolas Correa machining centers.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, or rain.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) REQUIREMENTS
- Safety glasses and safety toe shoes required when in the manufacturing environment.
- Hearing protection as needed.
- Must adhere to the company's Injury & Illness Prevention Program requirements.
Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.