Brown and Caldwell's San Jose, San Francisco, and Walnut Creek offices, are currently looking for Construction Management professionals to join our growing team! We are seeking construction professionals that are eager to deliver our construction services.
- Provide part time or full-time support for construction management and inspection activities on multiple projects for water and wastewater collection, transmission, treatment, storage, and distribution facilities.
- Review contract plans and specifications for constructability.
- Ensure overall project quality and proper safety practices.
- Meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Coordinate in the field with owner's staff, design staff, contractors and subcontractors, third party inspectors, facility operations staff, and local regulatory agencies.
- Keep detailed records of construction progress, changed conditions, and as-built drawings.
- Manage progress reporting, inspection reporting, and project documentation requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders to minimize and avoid claims. Analyze and negotiate cost and time impacts associated with change orders and claims.
- Serve as liaison in the interface between the design team and the projects' construction teams (owner, contractor, construction manager, resident engineer).
- Directly interact with clients' representatives to negotiate work plans, administer construction contract terms and conditions, resolve field issues, and provide management system reporting to clients.
- Make client contacts, identify new project opportunities, and lead efforts in winning new construction management contracts. Requirements include project team coordination, proposal writing, and interview preparation and delivery for projects throughout Northern California.
- Work closely with BC client service managers, marketing staff, design leads, and company specialists to develop CM opportunity leads. Utilize BC's Plan to Win process for marketing new opportunities and providing communications on pursuit progress.
- 15 - 20 years' construction related experience on water and wastewater construction type projects. Requires working knowledge of heavy construction, including civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical construction practices.
- Experience in the engineering and construction management industry and/or as construction contractor.
- Valid California driver's license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Civil or Construction Engineering or MS in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Registered CA Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Familiarity with the installation of small and large diameter pipe (PVC, concrete, clay, stainless steel, ductile iron, and HDPE).
- Prior experience in the construction of concrete, steel/metal, masonry structures at pumping plants, water and wastewater treatment plants, or other facility improvement type projects.
- Familiarity with tunneling construction methods (jack and bore, microtunnelling, directional drilling, tunnel boring machine).
- Familiarity with various pipe rehabilitation and replacement techniques (Cured-In-Place Pipe, Pipe Bursting, Open Cut).
- Familiarity in working within operational water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Familiarity with the start-up, testing, and commissioning of rehabilitated or new plant facility projects.
- Familiarity with local design and construction standards, regulations, and specifications.
- Experience in Alternative Delivery methods of contracting (Design-Build, Design Assist, Construction Manager at Risk).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledgeable in application of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Document Control Software (Procore, EADOC, SharePoint), cost estimating systems, as well as demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to complete and maintain company required health and safety training and abide by company's and client's health and safety standards prior to going out in the field.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance. Click to see our full list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700 professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice-to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.