RHS - Sante Fe Springs-1105
Raymond Handling Solutions is looking for a knowledgeable Engineering Supervisor to join our growing team! The Engineering Supervisor manages and provides leadership to an assigned department or service center, or manages the functions of a major section or unit of a department.
- Supervise staff in an assigned area to include: planning and assigning projects/tasks to staff, making hiring, separation and disciplinary recommendations and conducting performance evaluations.
- Ensure staff development and coordinate training programs for new staff and identify training needs for current staff
- Provide leadership for assigned staff.
- Manage employee's time card utilizing the company's Time and Attendance system
- Manage the engineering operational activities within the Systems Allied Support department.
- Develop, organize, implement and oversee programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure achievement of Systems Allied Support goals
- Render decisions with respect to key department issues impacting overall service and performance.
- Provide input to senior leadership for annual budgets
- Direct and prepare reports for Systems Allied Support Senior leadership
- Participate in Company or Department projects
- Ensure employees and team are following all Company Policies
- Works closely with other departments and communicate with all levels of employees, customers and Manufacturers both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates drive and initiative
- Maintains a professional attitude in all matters
- Correspond with Vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Must be able to manage time efficiently
- Responsible for managing engineers, proposal specialists, permit specialists, and the drafting department.
- Must understand the dynamic handling characteristics, constraints and risks associated with the wide range of materials handled within a complex material handling system.
- Must understand the complete permitting process for commercial construction projects.
- Assign, schedule, and assist engineers, proposal specialists, permit specialists, and drafters on current and new projects
- Ensure each project has the proper personnel in place to complete on schedule, on budget, and to RW standards
- Work closely with sales personnel and direct reports to ensure projects run smoothly
- Oversee team project/work schedules, timeliness, and quality
- Develop and improve policy, process, training, and procedures for engineering design, installation drawings, as-builts
- Develop and improve policy, process, training, and procedures for permitting
- Report weekly to overall team project status, personnel workloads and bandwidth
- Identify and address potential risks, problems, or opportunities that may affect the company
- Excellent Management skills
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Time Management skills
- Must be able to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft office Suite and similar software
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with employees, Co-workers and Managers in other departments
- Must be willing to work off-hours as specific needs dictate and willing to assume more responsibility as required'
- Must have strong technical skills
- Must have strong AutoCAD and drafting skills and knowledge.
- Must have strong understanding of permitting processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of conveyor design, material handling/racking warehouse design, AutoCAD
- Highly preferred knowledge of computerized pricing and Excel
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to read interpret documents such as Safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before vendors, customers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is Sedentary and desk bound
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Weekdays (Monday through Friday), 7 a.m. through 4 p.m. (or variable as required).
RHSI provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at . Raymond Handling Solutions has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR * 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with this policy, Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation will continue to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. RHCC welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V