Exec Dir Bus Process Excell- Secaucus, New Jersey
Executive Director, Business Process Excellence- Secaucus, New Jersey
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
* FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
* Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
* Forbes Global 2000
* Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
* Forbes 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
* S&P 500
* Barron's 500
* Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
* Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
* Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
* Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
* Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
* Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
* Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
* Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
* Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
* Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
* Deliver Innovative Solutions
* Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
* Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
* Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Executive Director of Business Process Excellence will be responsible for quality management as it relates to Quest Diagnostics' overall business management approach. The role will manage our Quest Management System (QMS) program of structured tools and methodologies, such as breakthrough planning (hoshin kanri), voice of the customer, project management, continuous improvement, and change management.
The role leads a team that is responsible for:
* QMS Training and Certification Program
* Developing and maintaining the tiered QMS content and curriculum, as well as defining and executing the QMS training schedule
* Maintaining the database of training and certification completions for all employees
* Coaching and mentoring select business functions on utilizing QMS tools and methodologies
* Annual Business Improvement Competition
* Hosting the company's search for the best process improvement project utilizing QMS tools and methodologies
* Coaching teams through the tools and the learning journey
* QMS Leaders
* Managing and developing the community of ~300 QMS Leaders through knowledge sharing and networking
* Managing the career paths for the QMS leaders
* Maintaining a repository of projects for QMS leaders to access
* Key Initiatives
* Monitoring and ensuring Hoshin plans are thought through and managed in a structured way
* Ensuring key inputs, such as voice of the customer, are appropriately used
* Leading the review the performance of critical projects to provide objective feedback on progress and performance
The individual is also responsible for:
* Influencing and coaching senior leaders to continually institutionalize QMS in the company culture and behaviors- through one on one sessions, targeted team workshops, and project monitoring/ mentoring.
* Working with HR to ensure QMS is integrated into initiatives related to leadership, company values, and expected behaviors
* Managing special projects, at the direction of senior management, that role models QMS behaviors and addresses process quality
Some travel will be required to complete job duties.
* 10 - 15 years of experience in total quality management and/or six sigma and process methodology
* Strong operational experience in healthcare is strongly preferred
* Bachelors required, Master's or MBA strongly preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Solid business acumen
* Interpersonal skills
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
* Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
* Experience leading team of 4 - 5 members
* Business acumen
* Strategic agility
* Influencing without authority
* Process management
* Intellectual horsepower
* Functional/technical skills
* Drive for results
* Command skills
* Organizational agility
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting , clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation /Gender Identity or Citizenship.