POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
The Engineering Technician IV is responsible for installation, troubleshooting maintenance and repair of electronic assemblies within an established security system. Work includes production material builds, field service support, returned material testing, engineering builds/setups, installation, testing, certification, and repair.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Prepare, review and verify a variety of documents, forms and reports on operations and engineering activities/studies
- Experience using basic electronic test equipment, hand tools and small power tools
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written instructions
- Work in NIWC (formerly SPAWAR) lab and field support sites to configure, troubleshoot, test and verify proper operation of Navy security system
- Provide Test & Evaluations, Pre-Installation Test and Checkout (PITCO) and System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) for Navy security system
- Perform assessments, alignments, troubleshooting and fault corrections and inspections on radars, cameras, telemetry, and operator workstation suites
- Fabricate components and cable connectors according to approved drawing
- Customize units and make software, firmware and IP adjustments or repairs according to written instructions
- Test production and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Troubleshoot electronics down to the component level to determine root cause and correct malfunction
- Set up and test components/units to meet specified requirements
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems, isolates problems, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems
- Inspects all work performed before moving to the next task
- Keeps supervisor and co-workers appraised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules
- Completes production test reports
- Provides support to the Production Lead and Production Supervisor on all production assignments; works in other departments and/or miscellaneous assignments as instructed
- Perform required repairs to return unit and security system to operational state
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Climb towers in excess of 10' with required safety gear
- Maintain security system equipment through scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Follow preventive maintenance requirements (PMR) on security system
- Work with management to plan and prioritize work schedule.
- Maintains desktop procedures, post-installation test and check documents are properly completed and filed in their assigned location
- Ensure all tools and materials are stored in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with OSHA standards; maintain SDS files on hazardous materials.
- Maintain a safe working environment; review SDS before handling and use of hazardous materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.