California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
Take responsibility for establishing and maintaining guest services, all tasks involved with accurate daily operations of the stock room and processing of store merchandise to the selling floor and/or stock room, and all communication and documentation related to the stock coordination function.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - In partnership with the stock coordinator:
- Greet all guests with immediate eye contact and a genuine/authentic smile. Offer to assist with their shopping needs including responding to Food and Beverage questions a guest may ask from time to time.
- Respond timely to all communication regarding inventory inquiries and discrepancies. Maintain two-way communication with appropriate partners regarding product flow.
- Set the course - Receive all product in accordance with Policies and Procedures and assist food and beverage as needed and as time permits. Process of all outbound shipments in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. RTVs, UDAs, TTOs, RGTOs, and store-to-store transfers) in accordance with Retail Operations Policies and Procedures. Accurately process charge-sends on a daily basis. Accurately complete, manage, and retain all shipping and receiving documents.
- Build the perfect oasis - Inspect all non-salable merchandise, determine if manufacturer's defect or non-manufacturer's defect, and process as outlined in Policies and Procedures. Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how to prevent and handle these situations using outstanding guest service and Loss Prevention policies and procedures. Learn, reference, and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers. Build a one-team mentality and promptly assist others as needed.
- Embrace Marlin Bar direction by providing product knowledge to guests and employees on a daily basis.
- Ensure shipping supply levels are maintained across the location.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and accessible product storage areas.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Generally, 2 years guest service and stock experience preferred
- Retail and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Strong service skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, ability to multi-task, time management skills, organization skills, basic math skills, detail oriented, accurate, problem solving skills, and ability to set and achieve goals
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required - frequently
- Climbing ladders - occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .