California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
The Line Cook is responsible for delivering exceptional culinary experiences to our Guests while exhibiting Tommy Bahama core values and following policies, procedures, and standards.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Embrace, articulate, and reflect the Tommy Bahama culture. Actively engages with the guest and shares knowledge and excitement about product offerings when appropriate.
- Set the course - Actively participate in all location related meetings and training sessions; apply learned skills on-the-job. Assist other team members on food services, including ingredients and preparation.
- Build the perfect oasis -
- Possess complete knowledge and timely execution of all food menus/recipes - including ingredients, preparation methods, and presentation.
- Follow applicable safety and sanitation programs for food and beverage services, all team members, and guests.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Other duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Generally, 1 year of culinary/hospitality experience preferred
- Must have current food handler's card and alcohol service certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Must be comfortable talking directly to the guest about food and beverage offerings, and preparation
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required - frequently
- Climbing ladders - occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .