Job Description: Security Field Supervisor
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA
Performing various day-to-day supervisory responsibilities including preparing shift scheduled, training replacement security officers, disciplining when necessary and reporting to proper chain of command and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property. May also work in a Control Center
- Oversees and manages the operations of up to 20 offices in a designated area. Ensures that all contractual requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep the Contract Manager's Office informed of all potential problems and threatening situations, and provide alternatives for solutions, when possible.
- Collaborates with the scheduler to ensure that all posts are covered, while minimizing overtime.
- Provides direct management of approximately 100 officers. Supports and encourages supervisors and officer's career goals. Provides direction and mentorship for supervisors and officers to obtain goals.
- Understands and upholds the Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements. Ensures that officers follow order of contractual agreements.
- Conduct post and officer inspections ensuring officers have appropriate uniform and equipment, and are following all policies, procedures, and post orders.
- Provide coherent written reports documenting site inspections, disciplinary actions, and incident investigations.
- Provide written weekly reports for the Contract Manager detailing previous week's contract activities.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multiple tasks as well as demonstrate capability in delegating tasks to supervisors and officers when appropriate.
- Ensure all Security Officers complete the paperwork related to their Posts.
- Must be available 24/7 including holidays unless otherwise specified or time off was approved.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military law enforcement/security, or commercial/industrial guard services) of twenty (20) employees or more;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and reporting writing skills;
- Training skills to develop personnel, understand and perpetuate succession planning (Mentoring) and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to counsel and discipline in effective manner in both negative and positive situations;
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in personnel and communicate corrective solutions;
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times and command presence to convey authority in security situations;
- Must have a positive attitude toward work and workers, lead by example and show enthusiasm and energy;
- Ability to read, speak and understand English language fluently;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately;
- Ability to manage multiple security supervisors and officers on various posts with 24/7 coverage;
- Must be available for contact 24/7;
- Computer proficient to include in Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Excel) and E-mail;
- Must be in good standing with the company with excellent record of performance and attendance.
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Must have a valid California Driver's License or a California Identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles and carry it in their possession while on duty.
- Certified in First Aid
- Certified in CPR
- Certified in AED
- Current Guard Registration card
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 22,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places. For more information, visit
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.