Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
EnProVera, owned and operated by government veterans with extensive backgrounds in Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, the Military, and the Intelligence Community has a vacancy for a Technical Writer. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Writes, and edits material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- To determine procedures and details, observes production, developmental, and experimental activities. To become familiar with product technologies and production, may conduct interviews, as well as conducts related research.
- Organizes research material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to become familiar with technology, operating procedures, and production sequence and details.
- Scans/types articles and prepares documents for internet posting.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Selects photographs, drawings sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, as well as assists in laying out material for publication and working with production to complete projects.
- Schedules typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Writes speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases.
- Makes changes to material prepared by others.
- Specializes in writing material related to work methods and procedures.
- Delivers/distributes print jobs to printing and budget offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, or High School Diploma/GED and two years additional experience
- 1.5 years' experience editing or proofreading
- Ability to grasp and understand the organization and functions of the customer
- Demonstratable project and workload management skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Intermediate skills with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications and databases, knowledge of desktop publishing or graphics programs preferred
- Proven commitment and expertise to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
The National Virtual Translation Center (NVTC) provides timely and accurate translation services to support national intelligence priorities and protect our nation and its interests.