Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Lab III Assoc- San Juan Capistrano, CA req69127
Lab III Assoc- San Juan Capistrano, California - Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Provides assistance to internal and external clients; relying on excellent communication skills to accomplish job accountabilities. Under direct and constant supervision of licensed personnel assists with routine and or specialized testing.
1. Demonstrate leadership through accountability and collaboration in daily administrative activities.
2. Consistently demonstrate a high level of initiative and problem solving ability on service and production issues.
3. Coordinate efforts to effectively work with others in a way that is productive and promotes cooperation. Recognized as an organized participant or leader of meetings.
4. Demonstrate effective two-way communication with co-workers, immediate manager, suppliers, internal and external customers, via meetings, written and verbal interactions, to create an informed positive environment.
5. Under general supervision and control of a licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist, serve as a resource for process improvement.
6. Under direct and constant supervision of a licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist, devotes a reasonable amount of time to assisting with routing and/or specialized testing.
7. Prepares revisions for licensed personnel concerning departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current process.
BS/BA degree in Biological Science or Chemistry (other life science degree coursework will be evaluated).
1. 2 - 3 years' laboratory experience
2. Serve in the capacity of a Lab Associate II
1. Computer skills: word processing skills using Windows based software (Word, Excel, etc.).
2. Other automation skills helpful.
3. Typing skills desirable.
4. Lifts light to moderately heavy objects.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.