Ke`aki has an exciting opportunity for a full time Proposal/Technical Writer located in our Orlando, Florida office. In this role, you will be required to act in a dynamic proposal support role responsible for critical/key support to the business development team for all proposal efforts, by providing skilled support and efforts for the corporate proposal development, review, and delivery process which includes supporting Ke`aki and the Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies.
- Works closely with Proposal Team Members, Capture Managers, Director of Business Development, Vice President of Strategy and Development, Consultants, and the Operational Team as needed to complete the proposal effort.
- Supports the proposal writing within a structured proposal development process.
- Proposal writing duties will include but not be limited to the development, authoring, editing and production of content or entire products such as government proposals, requests for information responses, white papers, and capability statements.
- As part of a team, reporting to Director of Business Development, maintains duties in a support/lead role as required for: writing and editing; assigning/managing/soliciting inputs and content contributions from SMEs in field operations; collaborating with the proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure; working with Capture Manager, Proposal Manager and/or Director of Business Development to develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, past performance and proposal content; managing/collecting subcontractor past performance and writing assignments to develop and submit final proposal documents.
- Prepares and provides data calls to teaming partners related to capabilities statements, past performance, etc.
- Interviews SMEs and knowledge experts to gather knowledge and information to support proposals.
- Translates technical data into meaningful customer value propositions.
- Plays a key role in proposal editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly and delivery.
- Develops and tracks proposal milestones related to individual work assignments.
- Conducts/supports formal team reviews in accordance with the Shipley proposal method (pink, red, gold and final).
- Prepares RFP summaries and compliance matrices. Enters opportunities and updates opportunities in the CRM tool and other reports as necessary.
- Prepares proposal schedules and outlines as necessary.
- Prepares and supports proposal kickoff meetings as required.
- Supports Bid / No Bid Process by working with and coordinating efforts of the Capture Management team for Executive Management formal briefings.
- Acts as a change agent through continued development, maintenance and improvement of the formal proposal development process based on corporate goals, business development objectives and growth priorities.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a document library that includes historical proposal documents, formal responses, section references, templates and standardized Past Performances documents.
- Develops, updates, and conducts proposal-related training for organization as required.
- Works in concert with operational and capture management counterparts implementing a dynamic, flexible proposal support framework.
- Attends Industry Days and Pre-proposal conferences for opportunities as required.
- Provide assistance conducting candidate research and developing job descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in related area strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years of proposal, technical or sales writing. Preference for candidates with experience in proposal development in the federal government and/or DoD environment
- Ability to conduct research and generate original content. Comfortable with writing about new topics and performing editorial work
- Possess excellent writing skills for both technical and marketing-focused content
- Strong organization skills necessary. Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Prefer candidates with a technical understanding of the federal engineering and technical services contracting business
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and exhibit excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the Company
- Ability to support fast pace and changing schedules
- Excellent personal computer skills and extreme proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic experience with Adobe program(s) such as Acrobat
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint or other document management system/version control system preferred
- Preference for candidates with any applied understanding of a formal proposal development process (Shipley Proposal Method experience preferred)
- Ability to travel as needed.
Ke`aki Technologies LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays. Ke`aki Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit .