POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
**ON CALL ONLY**Part Time
The Gardener Performs regular and directed grounds and landscape maintenance by mowing lawns, trimming and edging around trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers, sidewalks and buildings, weeding, thinning and cleaning flower beds and other grounds by hand while utilizing proper tools and equipment. Work will include both routine work and special assignments to support a government contract.
This position serves as an on-call back up to fill in vacancies due to call-outs or vacations.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- The applicant must be able to carry out a varied range of gardening duties, requiring a minimum amount of supervision and use of own initiative.
- The use of a wide range of hand tools, horticultural machinery and powered hand tools such as lawn mowers string trimmers and hedge cutters.
- Ensuring that all tools, garden equipment and machinery are correctly maintained and serviced and that they are kept in good and safe working order.
- Removes unsightly trash and debris from the grounds by regularly inspecting the grounds.
- Removing snow and ice from walkways by using salt spreaders, shovels, shovels, tractors, and snow blowers.
- Comfortable working in all weather and seasons.
- Adheres to all safety requirements, ensuring a safe working environment for all.
- Will maintain improved and semi-improved grounds
- Build and maintain irrigation systems to include valves, vacuum breakers, backflow preventers, pressure regulators, irrigation connections, sprinkler heads, bubblers, risers, heads, underground piping, controls, irrigation time clocks and other water emitting devices
- May be required to drive to outlying areas
- Other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor