Functional Analyst (Project Coordinator) - Digital Marketing
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men’s and women’s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great — through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
The scope of work for a Tommy Bahama Business/Functional Analyst includes:
- Working directly with the Project Manager on projects
- Documenting business and operations requirements
- Developing business process flows as they relate to systems
- Creating functional and design specifications
- Research systems functionality options to offer solutions to business needs
- Interacting with business area users to define and prioritize business needs and conduct problem solving sessions to identify issues, problems and system requirements
- With Project Manager, develop and execute test plans based on business processes and systems functionality
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
- Maintain business process documentation as needed
- With Project Manager, assist in the identification of user training needs and planning and managing user training, including writing training documentation and executing train-the-trainer sessions
- Second level support for systems
- Tracking issues to resolution
- Hands-on role in break/fix resolution of incidents
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
Working with IT, business and Project Managers, the Functional Analyst will:
- Act as a functionality expert for applicable systems/applications
- Identifies and analyzes options to deliver defined requirements and make recommendations
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements
- Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert in requirement elicitation
- Partner with business stakeholder groups to define and document Business Requirements
- Regularly engage with the project team on project status, top issues, critical risks, and key decisions
- Partner with Project Manager in the successful offloading at Project Completion to end user groups and Support and Operations group
- Partner with Project Manager in the definition, management, and execution of Project QA
- Partner with Project Manager in the Definition and management of the User Acceptance Testing
- Partner with Project Manager in the ongoing collaboration with partners/vendors to stay informed of new features/functionality that may benefit the business
- Partner with Project Manager in the identification and advocacy of prospective initiatives/projects (e.g., Business cases, ROI)
- Develop strong expertise in your software and systems, and play a hands-on role in testing and release activities.
- Provide Tier II end-user support for core business applications as needed
- Provide support in the management of users, configurations, data, etc. to the business teams
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Bachelor’s Degree in IS, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in an industry-related environment using enterprise business applications
- Project management experience is a plus
- Retail experience a plus
- Hands on experience using merchandizing, supply chain or design systems.
- Recognition of the complexities of business problems and the use of technology to realistically solve them
- Active listening to stakeholders and translate into written system specifications
- Ability to identify opportunities for improving business processes and use technology to eliminate problems that affect productivity, output, distribution and ultimately, the bottom line
- Lead and facilitate effective meetings, including pre-planning and post meeting follow up.
- Excellent organizational time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion in the context of excellent working relationships with all parties.
- Solid experience creating and managing detailed requirements in support of software application/system projects
- Competent in business process mapping tools / processes
- Ability to quickly comprehend/learn new processes, systems, and methods
Division Specific Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Experience leading frontend and backend web development initiatives
- Work in eCommerce Backend admin systems to support daily processes for various teams
- Partner with Guest Services Call Center to troubleshoot issues reported by guests
- Experience navigating server directories using SFTP clients (eg, WinSCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with XML and JSON a plus
- SQL experience a plus