|Title||Dispatcher (Monterey County) in Salinas, CA|
|Employment Type||Regular Part-Time|
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Dispatchers receive critical medical transportation requests and relay that information to the medical crew serving the region. The candidates for this position must be able to work under pressure and remain calm. A higher than average attention to detail is required and the individual must be able to maintain sharp focus on all aircraft while in flight. Our Dispatchers are responsible for demonstrating competencies in operating all radios, information systems, and any related equipment associated with the Air Medical Communications Center.
* Meets customer needs in a prompt, professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
* Serves as a resource for our program partners.
* Excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
* Have knowledge of applicable sections of the Federal Aviation Administration regulations including Operational Control procedures
* Ability to rapidly and accurately relay flight request to appropriate transport resource.
* Participates in on-going staff development, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and skills.
* Promotes a focus on patient and crew safety.
* Assesses need for and rapidly initiates the post-accident incident plan (PAIP) when indicated.
* Clear, concise radio communications using appropriate radio etiquette which complies with FCC regulations.
* Represents Flight Com to both internal and external customers.
* Works well with staff in the Communications Center.
* Collaborates with Operational Control, Maintenance, Aviation and program staff to facilitate safe and efficient dispatch and flight following processes.
Quality and Data integrity
o Adheres to Flight Com policies and procedures to ensure quality through the dispatch process.
* Ensures integrity of both internal and externally reported data through accurate data entry.
* Maintains current knowledge of disaster response processes and participates in evacuation exercises.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
* Specific hearing and speaking abilities required by this job include hearing spoken technical information via phone and radio transmission and being able to clearly convey that information to others also via phone and radio transmission.
* This position is subject to a six-month probationary period during which time either Med-Trans or the employee may choose to terminate employment.
* The employee agrees to not disclose, discuss, or share any operational, medical, or proprietary information regarding Med-Trans or the employee may choose to terminate employment
* HS Diploma or the equivalent
* CPR Certification
* EMD - obtained during training
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
* Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
* Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
* Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than whole hand.
* Attention divided between issues requiring multi-tasking
* Able to supervise, train and lead other employees
* Deal with emergency and time sensitive situation on an ongoing basis
* Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
* Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
* Copying: transcribing, entering, or posting data.
* Comparing: judging the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics of Compiling: gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
* Analyzing: examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
* Coordinating: determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
This dispatch position reports to the Comm Center Supervisor and/or Manager
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled