Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Status: Full Time
Act as a liaison between AMR Dispatch and our contracted medical facilities. Work closely with case management and nursing teams to build trusting relationships with our clients and ensure patient transportation is a seamless process that is performed in a safe, timely, and appropriate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Will help hospital staff with getting the patient in the appropriate level of service to help both the hospital staff and the ambulance crew understand why the patient is moving real time.
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork has been completed properly; must be in order and ready for the transportation crew prior to departure.
- Assist hospital team with patient movement to designated discharge unit.
- Coordinate and order various levels of transportation for all applicable discharges.
- Assist in the elimination of delays in order to keep patient movement a seamless process.
- Provide information regarding transportation services to physicians, nursing personnel and healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for providing patients detailed information regarding the transportation process.
- Must have knowledge of the patient's medical condition in order to coordinate the appropriate level of transportation.
- Discuss medical needs of patient regarding transportation to hospital staff.
- Ability to verify insurance type/coverage and obtain authorization for transportation as needed.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: Strong customer service, verbal & written communicate skills. Healthcare background. Ability to ambulate within the hospital throughout the day.
- Preferred: Related experience providing dispatch and/or transportation services to hospital &/or patients.
- EMS industry experience. Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Occasionally: Sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending, and leaning.
- Constantly: Walking, carrying, seeing, hearing/listening, clear speech, typing.
- Works alone & with others, verbal & face-to-face contact with others.
- Simple writing, analyzing, simple math skills, judgment, decision-making, reading and clerical.
- Occasionally: Digital paging terminal, fax, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3 hole punch, stamping, sharpener, switchboard, and printers.
- Constantly: Computer, keyboard, telephone.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-10 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.