Strategic Development Advisor
AK Anchorage AfognakAlutiiq HQ - Anchorage, AK 99503 US (Primary)
AL Huntsville Corp Office - Huntsville, AL 35806 US
CA San Diego Corporate - San Diego, CA 92123 US
VA Chesapeake Corporate - Chesapeake, VA 23320 US
VA Fairfax Corp Office - Fairfax, VA 22033 US
Educational and Training
Security Clearance Required:
POSITION OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
The Strategic Development Advisor supports the organization's strategic and long-range goal planning. This individual will provide business development and capture support for Alutiiq, LLC's Subsidiaries for Department of Defense opportunities, and will foster relationships with potential teaming partners and agency stakeholders to target opportunities that support the strategic development initiatives and the long-term growth plans that align with the objectives of the Strategic Business Plans for Alutiiq, LLC and its Subsidiaries.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Strategic Development Advisor will report to the Strategic Development Executive in activities to include:
- Defining long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Working with the internal Strategic Operations team and Operational Presidents and Managers to develop growth strategies and build a pipeline to increase and maximize revenue for the organization.
- Identifying potential new customers, assessing partner capabilities, selecting teaming partners, and developing long-term strategic relationships.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams. Research may include analyzing market strategies, customer requirements, potential of success, financial implications; and evaluating options.
- Making fact-based recommendations and decisions following through to completion, analyzing and using data to achieve goals, driving execution, initiating action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrating how solutions will solve customer problem(s), continuously conducting post call debriefs and performing pre-call strategies.
- Creating and sustaining ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Representing Alutiiq, LLC and its Subsidiaries to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Preparing, presenting, and communicating a business case, with win strategies and concepts, to senior management to gain approval to pursue opportunities.
- Conducting competitive analysis to formulate strategies and messaging, and working with Strategic Support to develop winning proposals.
- Continuously managing administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, managing accurate and timely business development activity and performance reports, and maintaining accurate and complete opportunity and client database.
- Setting the foundation for teaming agreements and commits to Strategic Partnerships.
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a business development role with demonstrated experience in operational program management and strategic development specifically with the Department of Defense.
- Candidate must have a proven and established record of accomplishment by winning and maintaining work.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, capture planning, account/pipeline development and time management.
- Candidate must have experience working with various agencies.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, independent thinker that requires minimum supervision.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel to develop relationships with existing and new customers in target markets, to foster strategic partnerships, and to facilitate cross-divisional collaboration.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a DoD SECRET level security clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field
- 10+ year's recent experience in a business development role plus prior experience as an operational manager; OR an Associate's Degree in an applicable field with 15+ year's recent experience in a business development role, plus prior experience as an operational manager with a demonstrated ability to win new work/expand existing requirements.
- Engineering and Technical Services, Information Technology, Cyber Security or related industry experience is preferred.
Work typically performed in an office environment. Travel may be required.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.