Job Posting End Date: 11/9/2021
Security Clearance: No Clearance
- Establishes, maintains, aligns the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for New Construction programs
- Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including Engineering Planning, coordination with Supply Chain Management, Planning and Production scheduling
- Aids in establishing a level-loaded schedule that adheres to company milestones
- Works cross departmentally with Engineering, Production, and Facilities to analyze trends to resolve current and future schedule conflicts
- Creates performance standards and performs detailed schedule analyses and what-if analyses
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the schedules for the various New Construction programs NASSCO has under contract as well as develop high level schedules for potential contracts that NASSCO is pursuing
- Effectively communicate schedule constraints, capacity challenges, Production material requirements, manpower requirements, and other schedule challenges to different levels of management
- Responsible for conducting analyses and develop program plan for new shipbuilding contracts. The tasks required include evaluation of design characteristics, product work breakdown, construction method and schedule
- Assist in incorporating build strategy for new construction into the program schedule, which include design changes, new method application, and facility improvements
- Provide manning projections across programs in support of various internal needs.
- Assure NASSCO's policies and procedures are consistent with good business practices, company long-term goals, and are compliant with all contract requirements.
- Training of co-workers and as necessary internal customers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree and/or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years' experience in planning/scheduling or analysis role
- Performs general system/data maintenance functions, generates reports, and does analysis in support of department needs
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques (PERT, GANTT, Critical Path Analysis); Lean Manufacturing (Just-in-Time concept, flowcharting, inventory reduction, 5S); trend analysis; problem identification / solving techniques; and Project Management
- Experience with scheduling software (MS Project, Open Plan, Artemis, P6) and resource/capacity planning tools
- Must possess the ability to analyze data, diagnose problem areas, develop detailed corrective action plans, and propose solutions to challenges that the department encounters
- A team player is required, with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface at all organizational levels
- Assists in resolution of complex planning problems
- Assists in the development of effective training programs for department personnel.
- Supports development of departmental procedures and work instructions.
- Acts as mentor to other less-experienced team members
- Requires ability to work in office environment, go aboard ships during construction, climb ladders, and work throughout the yard as required. Work will generally be confined to office environment but will require being in the production environment, requiring full adherence to NASSCO's safety policies
- Expert with a PC based spreadsheet and database is required, along with NASSCO's Labor Management System (LMS) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot system discrepancies.
- Reports directly to the Manager Planning
- Responsible for verification and distribution of accurate and timely planning products.
- Internal contacts are primarily with Engineering, Supply Chain, and Production Management. To a minor degree, interaction is maintained on a regular basis with Finance, Cost Engineering, Program Management, Facilities, Materials, Repair, and Business Development.
Responsible to maintain quality, while performing all responsibilities in support of the various organizations with specified requirements and deadlines; striving always, for process improvement in the spirit of NASSCO's Mission Statement.
General Dynamics NASSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
To learn more about applicant rights under federal law, click here:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Call (619) 544-8511 or email This contact information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire about the status of applications.