GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We are a team of trusted advisors and partners committed to superior customer service. We are a diverse group with a shared commitment to excellence and providing high caliber service. We are a collaborative and supportive team and looking for a motivated self-starter to join us!
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving Back to our communities.
- Recovering Resources to achieve their best and highest use.
- Owning a company that provides quality service and protects the environment.
- Working Together to achieve our common vision, a world without waste.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Routing Specialist
Under limited supervision, routes new services and re-route existing service to achieve route efficiencies and consolidate routes where possible.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF - ROUTING SPECIALIST
- Works with Drivers, Supervisors, and Management to improve the routing process.
- Provide logistical expertise to evaluate, design, and implement optimal routing solutions.
- Provide logistical expertise to design, implement, maintain, improve and otherwise modify routes for Bulky Item Collection (BIC) and cart delivery.
- Prioritizes development of component layers and structure of spatial data between Recology and the jurisdictional customer coordinates.
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified routes to determinate scope, specifications, feasibility, timing, and cost considerations. Reports finding to management group.
- Recommends and coordinates corrective actions with routes when necessary and reports on performance and status of routing projects.
- Tracks, monitors, and measures the benefits of the implemented reroutes through ongoing monitoring and communication with the management team.
- Works with user departments to develop project objectives and scope of work.
- Updates and maintains routing base maps for accuracy e.g. reflects one-way streets, dead ends.
- Train other departments on routing applications and concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
- Five years of related experience, including two years of specific experience in Routesmart or similar logistics platforms, routing programs and reading, understanding, developing, and analyzing geographic information in a variety of data forms and projection.
- Experience working with data from public and private sources.
- Strong analytical skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications and computer cartographic design, layout, and production for a variety of different subject matter.
- RouteSmart extension for ArcGIS.
- Technical knowledge of AS400 database applications.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
Skill and/or Ability to:
- Promotes the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Develops strategies to effectively manage current and future challenges and opportunities; develops recommendations and actionable plans.
- Defines issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generates innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrates ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrates strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business and proficiency in strategic and financial processes.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing; listens to and understands various viewpoints; shares relevant information timely; provides constructive feedback; maintains professionalism.
- Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups and delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promotes collaboration and assists others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Motivates and empowers others to achieve objectives and to develop a culture where employees feel ownership in what they do.
- Attracts, develops and retains good people; allows opportunities for self and others to reach their full potential; builds and shares knowledge and expertise.
- Listens to and builds customer relationships; increases customer satisfaction and ensures commitments are met.
- An ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- The largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- A creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- An inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R's: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- Distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with match).
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Commuting benefits.
- Employee referral program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
Recology is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.