Raymond West is looking for a dynamic Application Engineer to join their growing team. Raymond West is a group of dealers/systems integrators specializing in materials handling equipment, warehouse automation and associated support services to companies engaged in warehousing and distribution. We support our customers from twenty offices throughout the Western United States and Baja Mexico. The three companies comprising Raymond West have the same management team with majority share ownership by The Raymond Corporation, a Toyota company. Our culture of a driven, customer focused regional company combined with a large corporate support organization has resulted in double-digit growth for the last ten years. Our 900+ employees are the secret to our success and their efforts have consistently earned us The Raymond Corporation's highest Dealer of Distinction award as well as earning certification by our employees as A Great Place to Work.
Our Storage & Automation Department has grown to over 25% of the company's sales with focus on storage systems, automation solutions and dock equipment. The ability of our company to provide complete equipment and software solutions coupled with post-installation support from our large, locally based service teams, provide our customers with a unique single source vendor partnership.
A CAREER AS AN APPLICATION ENGINEER FOR AUTOMATED PRODUCTS...
is a professional technical position, responsible for end-user software/controls support during startup and throughout the life of the automated equipment we provide. The software and electrical controls you will support interface with our customer's warehouse management software and directs the operation of automatic storage & retrieval systems (AS/RS) and automatic guided vehicles (AGV's) while tracking the Powered Industrial Vehicles (PIT) and their Operators.
Typical work tasks vary between arranging renewal of software licenses, installing software and automation equipment at customer sites, training of end-users, and working with our sales specialists on applications, specifications, demonstrations, and general sales support. You will learn a great deal about warehouse automation and quickly gain expertise in the field of logistics. This position requires technical ability, good problem-solving skills and excellent communications to our suppliers as well as internal and external customers. Prior knowledge is preferred of materials handling automation and how the software interfaces to this equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
* Technical software sales support for Raymond West Systems Specialists. Includes the following: customer visits and customer integration application specifications, designing the route and rules required of the Raymond/Seegrid Auto Guided Vehicle (AGV), supporting setup of the Regional Sales Managers/Specialists laptops and provide training on how to do customer demonstrations. Help Regional Managers in the generation of Product Order Forms and Software Requirements Documents.
* Installation/implementation and training of end-user Power Pick Global, Supervisor software and the Raymond iWarehouse Suite. Includes scheduling, training agendas based on customer's needs and requirements, train the trainer concepts, operator training, and software configurations.
* Work with customer's IT department when necessary. This includes network requirements, interface to WMS or ERP systems using Text, XML, or SQL tables. Set up and testing of interfaces. Determine best methods of system network options and requirements (such as IP addressing, etc.). Outlining and executing the necessary rules for Supervisor software.
* Basic knowledge of Kardex AS/RS hardware and controls along with Raymond's automation line consisting of telematic tools and Seegrid Supervisor. How to apply the software to work with the Integrated Specialist's conceptual designs. How to configure the controls to work with the software. Basic operator training on hardware safety and procedures. Also includes training and support of Raymond West automation hardware technicians in relation to software connections and setups for the hardware.
* Maintain and implement customer software support renewals. Includes generating software support renewal quotes, receipt of customer purchase orders, creating Kardex purchase orders and tracking the Power Pick Global population within Raymond West's dealer territories.
* Power Pick Global end-user software support. Help customers with questions, issues, and configuration options on an existing installation. This includes remote support methods, report generation, applying Power Pick Global configuration changes to support the customer's needs.
* Develop and maintain communications tools to provide task status to appropriate management.
* Review of internal processes and execution of their standardized improvement initiatives.
This job has supervisory responsibilities over the Systems installation teams as described above. Responsibilities include: Support leadership with hiring, training, setting employee goals, and other tasks as required. Management training courses are available to assist in your career development.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
* Ability to understand construction and equipment drawings as well as verifying dimensions and confirming material lists.
* Extensive knowledge of automated storage machines, automatic guided vehicle technology, integrated controls and programable logic controllers.
* Familiarization with seismic design requirements and the permit process for storage systems and support structures.
* Present a mature, responsible appearance and take a leadership role in the projects assigned.
* Be able to perform duties under minimal supervision but respond to rapidly varying requirements. Demonstrate drive, initiative and maintain records of activities.
* Comply with Employee Handbook.
* Continually learn new products and policies.
* Be able to communicate effectively with staff, fellow managers, vendors and customers at all levels in person, in writing and on the telephone.
* Effectively manage assigned staff to meet company and department objectives as well as conforming to policies stated in the Employee Handbook.
* Be able to manage time effectively and maintain an acceptable attendance record. Time management and organizational abilities will be key skills needed for success.
* The company believes in a healthy balance of work and personal life, but the employee must be willing to work off-hours as specific needs dictate.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Networks (Firewalls, anti-virus products, local administration, etc.) Working knowledge of Material Handling concepts, inventory control methods, and general knowledge of ERP / WMS systems.
A working knowledge or the ability to learn these products or skills very quickly would be necessary:
EDUCATION and/or Experience
Minimum of an Associate Degree, with Bachelors or advanced Degree preferred.
RW provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with! Check us out at . Raymond West has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR * 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.