The Program Manager position is responsible and fully accountable for the successful execution and Customer Satisfaction of the Program under his or her leadership. The Program Manager will assume complete responsibility for the Cost Schedule and technical performance on major development programs with strategic customers.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the program
- Review customer requirements technical compliance
- Identify deliverables and program schedule with milestones and design reviews
- Provide strategic guidance on day-to-day program issues
- Responsible for the initial review of product nonconformance's and rework instructions when applicable.
- Advises customers on options for corrections, translates the customer's instructions into planning, and monitors/manages the corrections to successful conclusion.
- Participate in weekly Continuous Improvement meetings as required.
- Understand customer expectations and requirements in order to provide flawless service.
- Create program milestone schedules including contract review, Engineering programming and planning, first article inspection, and production delivery dates. Create LOB (line of balance).
- Exhibit strong leadership characteristics, take ownership and accountability for performance, and achieve attainment of all assigned goals and targets.
- Develop project status reporting (delivery schedule performance), project cost tracking and budget control.
- Create and maintain Sales Order backlog in ERP system.
- Coordinating New Job launch; IPT Huddle and Kick-off meeting.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions (RRCA) as required.
- Coordinate with Estimating, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Finance to ensure the proper execution of the cross-functional bid process.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Purchasing to ensure on-time delivery of parts.
- Coordinate with other departments in regard to contract administration, delivery commitments, configuration control, charge backs, customer PO's, contract reviews, action item tracking, and issue resolution.
- Conduct internal and customer PMR's.
- Assist with the sales and business development activities.
20. Work with senior management to develop growth and strategy plans.
21. Provide support to other VPT initiatives.
- Ability to interrogate drawings with Catia, Autovue, Enovia
- Work well with little direction/supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, capable of coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes or products in the unit.
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing, organizing, and entering information associated with documentation
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PMP) is highly desirable.
- 7-10 years of program management experience required. Experience managing integrated Aerospace technical programs required. Understanding of Aerospace engineering, certification, purchasing, manufacturing, quality assurance and contracts preferred.
- experience with aerospace structures manufacturing
- ERP Systems experience (JobBoss and/or Epicor)
Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.