Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Medical Technologist II- 5,000 sign on bonus Night Shift Indianapolis, IN req67898
Medical Technologist II 5,000 Sign on Bonus
Monday-Friday 8pm- 6:30am Rotating Night Shift 40 Hours
Diagnostics is growing! Quest has recently acquired MACL - and our new lab is
As an industry leader, joining our team provides the opportunity to work alongside top talent in our unique, innovative work environment. We offer competitive pay and a robust total rewards package. We are dedicated to maintaining a healthy work environment and ensure our employees have work-life balance. We know our current employees are the future of our company - and we're committed to fostering their growth internally so they can invest in long-term careers here with us. We recently implemented a new team structure designed to help us achieve that. This new structure will enhance the support & development provided to our staff, so every employee has the opportunity to advance their career here. Join us at Quest - where you will have a career that you can be proud of!
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 14. Review/train on new procedures.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision
15 PTO days first year
Annual Bonus Opportunity
401K matching up to 5% after year 1
Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs
Opportunities for career advancement
Discounts with hundreds of participating vendors
This position is located in a hospital where proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required - exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered
Key Word Search:
* MT/CLS - Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public Microbiologist
* MT/CLS - Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
* MT/CLS - Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist, Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
* MT/CLS - Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology , Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
* MT/CLS - Toxicology or PDM - Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.