Raymond West is looking for an eager Junior Estimator to join our Systems Team! This position is responsible for providing a wide range of project estimating and administrative tasks for the Systems Department. Responsibilities will be in direct support of one of our largest customers. This is an entry level position that works under close supervision, performing the routine aspects of estimating assignments and requires knowledge of basic estimating principles. The individual must maintain positive customer, departmental & vendor relationships and have the ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Review project documents (drawings, project timelines, installation needs, etc.) and understand the full scope of work to bid.
* Confirm AutoCAD drawings and all bills of material match
* Create and send Request for Quotes (RFQs) to vendors
* Communicate (via phone/email) with vendors to ensure estimates are accurate, request quote revisions and follow-up on quote statuses.
* Responsible for initiating new project records. Includes identifying project numbers and developing hard copy and electronic files, entering new projects into the database.
* Assist in the development of project cost workbooks for quick quotes and full proposals.
* Monitor the status of proposals throughout the quoting phase and up to the hand off stage.
* Process purchase orders. Includes updating records and notifying internal team members.
* Update resource information on products and vendors
* Keep neat and accurate records on the Systems Department's server drive.
* Compare and adjust multiple tracking documents to ensure consistency.
* Assist the systems department with a variety of special projects as requested.
* Attends departmental meetings as required.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and 1-2 years of related work experience in a Jr. Estimator role.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages
Be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Appropriate professional attire per company policy.
Weekdays (Monday through Friday) 8 am to 5 pm. As an alternative, may be open to 6:30 am to 3:30 pm hours. Extended or weekend hours may be needed at times.
RW provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at . Raymond West has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR * 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.