Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property.
Effective January 1, 2022:
Pay range increases to $16.25-20.72/hour
- Provide physical security for the Radford Army Ammunition Plant, which might be susceptible to theft, fire, sabotage or unauthorized entry, responding as directed in the event of incidents affecting security integrity of facilities.
- Patrol/protect facilities by foot and/or vehicle to detect or prevent illegal/unauthorized activities.
- Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
- Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations, using the appropriate degree of physical force and/or weaponry as the situation dictates.
- Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
- Perform security duties as directed e.g., respond to situations that may require the use of physical and/or deadly force.
- Perform security tasks to include but not limited to the enforcement of all applicable rules and regulations concerning trespass or demonstrations, exclusion of prohibited articles and/or contraband.
- Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Maintain proficiency with all assigned weapons by achieving the required qualifying scores in the designated courses of fire and the level of fitness required to safely pass annual qualification tests and carry out duties.
- Remain proficient in the care, maintenance, operation, disassembly, and assembly of all duty weapons as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- High School Diploma
- Perform 19 pushup in 2 minutes, annually
- Run 1.5 miles in 17 minutes, 30 seconds, annually
- Pass range qualification semiannually
- Once hired, able to obtain and hold a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- DCJS Armed or Unarmed License preferred, not required
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.