Job Posting End Date:Until Filled
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a company-wide strategy for diversity, inclusion, and community outreach efforts. Serve as a champion and change agent by recommending best practices based on comparative analysis and measures outreach effectiveness by evaluating project and return of investment outcomes. This position requires project management expertise and the ability to understand the critical elements of the D&I function and strategy. The position reports to the Supervisor of Talent Acquisition and will work closely with the Director of Human Resources, senior leadership, related partners, and GD leadership to advance the D&I strategy and performance of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Develop goals, strategies, and performance measures for making NASSCO more inclusive.
- Acts as an active participant and leader to develop and manage all D&I initiatives for NASSCO with the support of the D&I committee.
- Enables a culture of belonging and continuous learning through the inception, design, implementation, and delivery of programs, proposals, and tools with leadership support and participation.
- Coordinates, communicates and collaborates with leaders to ensure credible, high-quality, and timely deliverables are provided across the portfolio of D&I programs and initiatives.
- Monitors organizational progress against D&I strategic goals; Communicates and presents regular and timely project status updates to various levels of HR.
- Responsible for identifying needs, analyzing trends, and external communication of all D&I reporting.
- Demonstrates innovative thought leadership, strategic thinking, builds trust with stakeholders and leaders, and can influence others without direct authority to achieve solutions to meet the organization's objectives.
- Partners with Learning & Development to create a curriculum for D&I training and initiatives.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to infuse cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy into the recruitment, onboarding, training, and retention strategies
- Represents the company at Diversity events to promote our commitment to DEI.
- Drives strategic relationships and sets clear goals with the community, industry, and local and state organizations focused on D&I, supporting the overall goals of the D&I program. Develop and maintain knowledge base on current emerging social trends and community concerns.
- Effectively manages the entire project lifecycle and uses project management tools to scope, lead, and deliver multiple complex initiatives in a fast-paced environment with many partners, stakeholders, competing priorities, and ambiguity.
- Collaborate with the Human Capital Analyst to analyze available data to perform a gap analysis to arrive at data metrics and recommendations that influence workforce, recruitment, and retention plans to reinforce D&I.
- Collaborate with the Communications department to identify, plan, promote, and execute D&I and outreach events.
- Continue expanding the internal veteran'snetwork by steering the committee and offering veteran resources.
- From a D&I perspective, is familiar with talent selection to develop and conduct outreach recruitment programs to obtain qualified and diverse candidates. This includes knowledge of recruitment materials, job-related selection procedures, labor market availability, applicant flow, and applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Coordinate/participate in the diversity and veteran's related events driven by GD corporate.
- Provides support and guidance to the talent acquisition team on areas of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required and a minimum of five to seven years of related work experience.
- 3 years of experience with Diversity and Inclusion initiatives preferred.
- 3 years of program management experience leading company-wide HR initiatives.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, agility, and ability to build trust and credibility and navigate a complex landscape.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator with strong interpersonal skills and built working relationships to achieve results.
- Previous experience in data analysis, data reporting, and the OFCCP reporting process is strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to provide oversight for assessments related to industry climate, diversity, and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of HR concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize changing demands.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees and management effectively.
- Familiarity with or ability to gain proficiency in new technologies and media to augment sourcing efforts.
- Actively participates in implementing and monitoring continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality, reduce cycle time, and maximize costs.
- Commitment to the concepts, philosophy, and practices of continuous improvement.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, and talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Dynamics NASSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
To learn more about applicant rights under federal law, click here:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Call (619) 544-8511 or email This contact information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire about the status of applications.