In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician III performs inspections, services, repairs and general maintenance of city fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and equipment, such as replacing bearing, axle seals, brake master cylinders, resurfacing brake drums and rotors
- Disassemble components and inspects parts for wear
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
- Overhaul gasoline and diesel engines
- Repair and maintains hydraulic systems
- Perform routine vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance inspections
- Check/replace fluids, check lights and other electrical system components
- Replace exhaust components
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of automotive and diesel repair experience
- Vocational or trade tech certification in Diesel or Automotive Mechanics
- Must possess valid Pennsylvania Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A)
- Must possess valid Pennsylvania Class 1 State Inspection License; must be able to obtain Class 7 within 6 months of hire
- The following 9 ASE Certifications preferred; must be able to obtain within 18 months of hire: Engine Repair (Automobile Tests), Manual Drive Train and Axles (Automobile Tests), Suspension and Steering (Automobile Tests), Brakes (Automobile Tests), Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (General Service Test), Drive Train (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Brakes (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Suspension and Steering (Medium/Heavy Trucks) and Preventative Maintenance and Inspections (Medium/Heavy Trucks)
- Must have own tools and toolbox
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be available to work extended overtime during snow events when the customer requires maintenance support
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward-thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office/service center environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are in two shifts, Monday-Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm or Monday-Friday 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.