Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo's breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product's life cycle - prototype through new product introduction - when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
Tempo Automation is seeking an experienced AOI programmer to join our Production team! You will be working on our connected factory floor in the heart of San Francisco. You will be responsible for programming and operating our AOI equipment (Mirtec).
First and Second Shift are available. First Shift hours are generally 5:30am - 2:00pm PDT, Monday through Friday. Second Shift hours are generally 1:30pm - 10:00pm PDT, Monday through Friday.
- Program SPI (Mycronic) and AOI (Mirtec 3D) machines.
- Perform all AOI functions, including programing and scanning products.
- Communicate defects to responsible personnel.
- Identify the components on populated PCB and be able to read and interpret data sheets.
- Review AOI inspection for accurate, consistent detection of component placement and solder joint defects.
- Inspect populated PCBs and identify component misplacement and solder defects to IPC-A-610 standards using a microscope.
- Resolve program related issues as needed, including assisting off-shift Machine Support.
- 4+ years of AOI programming experience.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in PCBA inspection.
- Proven proficiency with IPC-610 standards.
- Basic programming skills.
- Knowledge of military/aerospace, medical devices, and CAPA. Continuous improvement is desired.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Paid Time Off - We know that healthy and happy employees are ones that take time off to rejuvenate and clear their heads. We provide competitive, accrual-based paid time off for vacation and sick/personal days, in addition to separate paid time off for bereavement, jury duty, disability, and holidays.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stocked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Fridays.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer a variety of commuter benefits to assist with the journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we're all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Individuals seeking employment at Tempo Automation are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.