Tempo Automation is transforming the way electronic product companies innovate and bring new products to market. Tempo's breakthrough, software-automated PCBA manufacturing platform delivers unprecedented speed, quality and transparency at the most critical time in a product's life cycle - prototype through new product introduction - when fast iteration and time to market are imperatives. Customers who count on Tempo Automation for this strategic advantage include the leading innovators in aerospace, medical technology, semiconductor, industrial technology, automotive and other key industries.
Tempo Automation is seeking a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector to join our Manufacturing Team and help bring the creations of our customers to life! Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for assuring the quality of the product throughout the production life cycle. You will work to support the production line with quality inspections after each process ending with a final inspection of all products before shipment. The QA Inspector - Second Shift hours are generally 1:30pm - 10:00pm PDT, Monday through Friday.
- Inspect the PCB and PCBA per IPC standards and customer's specs and report issues or defects. Conduct visual inspections and automated inspections using microscope and AOI machines. Check for accuracy in comparison to customer drawings as well as components and workmanship.
- Ensure the latest revision of IPC-600 and IPC-610 standards are followed in approving or rejecting products.
- Support SMT line and Through Hole process by performing pre-reflow and post reflow first article inspection for surface mount and first article inspection for through hole process and in process inspection (IPI). This support includes solder paste inspection for SMT.
- Perform final QA inspection. This includes inspecting the entire board and looking for defects related to polarity, placement, missing component, solderability and damaged components.
- Report errors to Quality Manager or supervisor/lead or process engineers. Enter defects into the Traveler system for rework.
- Contact Order Managers via Nintex and Qualio for any questions to customers about their order and questions related to the board and assembly drawing.
- Work with equipment such as: microscope, smart tweezers, x-ray machine, caliper, ohmmeter, and pin gauges.
- May create a forensic package with x-rays as an additional board inspection report (at the specific request of the customer). Use the X-ray machine and be able to review and analyze the X-ray images and detect defects such as open solder, solder bridge, solder balls, voiding.
- Prior experience with PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly).
- PCB and electronics inspection knowledge, including using inspection tools such as microscope, caliper, ohmmeter, pin gauges, and smart tweezers.
- Experience reviewing assembly documentation.
- IPC-610 Certified. Must be recertified every two years.
- Ability to read customer's PCB and PCBA Drawing and schematic, CAD, MPI.
- Be comfortable using technology to review documents, perform inspections, and report issues.
- Ability to communicate with other departments to report issues or questions about requirements and fabrications.
- Experience with X-ray, 2DX or 5DX and analyze the Circuits and leadless devices.
- Experience involving inspection with a microscope and x ray machine (preferred).
- Experience using AOI machine (preferred).
- Paid Time Off - We know that healthy and happy employees are ones that take time off to rejuvenate and clear their heads. We provide competitive, accrual-based paid time off for vacation and sick/personal days, in addition to separate paid time off for bereavement, jury duty, disability, and holidays.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stocked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Fridays.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer a variety of commuter benefits to assist with the journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we're all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Individuals seeking employment at Tempo Automation are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.