California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
Take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals. Enhance the guest's experience by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional service that supports Tommy Bahamas' Retail Mission Statement, Core Values and Service Excellence techniques.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Learn how to speak with the guest about our products that include food and beverage as well as retail offerings. Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs. Consistently invite the Guest to join the Guest Registry and explain the benefits of joining. Efficiently handle the purchase and return transactions following policies and procedures as well as sale and service expectations.
- Set the course - Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on guest needs and desires. Build lasting relationships ("clientele") with guests by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise, and remind them of upcoming events. Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, and Product Knowledge binder. Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing programs, images, and media plans
- Build the perfect oasis - Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business. Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge and fashion direction with guests on a daily basis. Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, further enhancing the guest's shopping experience. Maintain a clean and safe environment for team members and guests in the store and restaurant.
- Maintain proper banking and media accountabilities at POS while following all "Banking" and "Cash Wrap" policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Generally 1+ years retail or restaurant experience
- Demonstrated sales and service skills, strong interpersonal skills, verbal communication and listening skills. Ability to multi-task, basic math and cash handling experience.
- Must have an aptitude and enthusiasm to learn about all Tommy Bahama products available to our guest
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 40 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required - frequently
- Climbing ladders - occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .