California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men's and women's apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great - through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing, operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
The Multimedia Art Director is responsible for creating and managing the visual style of Tommy Bahama imagery and video produced in studio and on location. This includes on-figure, still life, food, drinks, soft and hard-good product.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Art direct studio photography and video that effectively represents the brand
- Direct "B" level location shoots bringing seasonal creative concepts to life for apparel, accessories, restaurants, and bars
- Think beyond the brief - look for additional opportunities to enhance category vision and strategies by creating relevant and authentic imagery
- Execute processes efficiently including editing and organizing, ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Stay current on the design/fashion/lifestyle industries including global and consumer trends, assessing, and communicating their potential impact to the business
- Develop visual style guides to clearly communicate and establish creative style including lighting, props, backgrounds, model poses, brand personality
- Continuously seek out ways to improve communication and capabilities with partners in the marketing, eCommerce, and licensee teams
- Lead by example with positive, flexible, and interactive management
- Assist casting for all shoots and developing new talent for crews on shoots
- Collaborate with our digital design team partners, photographers, eCommerce team, and stylists
- Anticipate and resolve creative challenges by using appropriate resources and/or solutions
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with peers and leaders from all categories and departments as well as hired freelance to ensure project outcomes align with priorities and direction
- Other duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Bachelor's or Associates of Arts degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years photo art direction experience with an emphasis on fashion and lifestyle photography.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Capture One, and basic MS Office Suite.
- Has great industry partnerships with photographers, modeling agencies, prop stylists, HMU artists, etc.
- Expert in studio lighting with laser sharp aesthetics for composition.
- The ability to effectively build relationships with internal customers, peers and leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Has strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of high-end retail and the unique needs of elevated lifestyle and fashion photography.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Delivers high-quality creative products while holding high standards for self and others on the creative team.
- Has experience leading multiple teams in studio.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .