About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, "non-exempt", full time, benefited position through 9/30/2023 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
Salary: $3416.00-$5833.00 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
The CAE in Cybersecurity (CAE-C) Community National Center grant is administered through California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB). Focused on the development of a robust cybersecurity workforce, the CAE Community National Center will offer three primary functions to the 390+ CAE-C institutions and projects: Provides technical and logistical support for CAE events, activities, and curriculum. Provides a portal of CAE resources for the community, geographic regions, and the Nation as a whole. Engages and facilitates strategic initiatives for the Nation in the areas of research, student and faculty development, diversity, and other workforce development activities
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 10/10/2022.
Under minimal supervision of the CNC Manager/Assistant Director, the Lead Public Relations/Communications Specialist will work independently to:
* Provide strategic planning for events including, the CAE in Cybersecurity Symposium, the CAE Virtual Career Fair, the Principal Investigators Meeting, and other CAE-C Community events as needed
* Plan event scope, design, and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
* Coordinate travel using DocuSign, CVent, 6Connex, or another travel platform
* Coordinate, supervise and implement every aspects of travel arrangements for staff, government officials, and the CAE-C Community
* Maintain queues to assure approvals as attained as well as deadlines are met
* Research and resolve all incorrect charges with respected to entire travel program
* Negotiate and secure event space; visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations
* Discuss event budgets and expectations with management and staff
* Works with the media specialist to edit and design promotional materials
* Conduct market research, gather information, and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
* Work with the CAE in Cybersecurity Program Manager and Budget Analyst to provide feedback and periodic report to stakeholders
* Maintains general office records, compiling and updating information using the required databases
* Organize facilities and manage all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
* Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities at events
* Work with the Marketing Specialist to deliver marketing campaigns on events to the CAE Community
* Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the day of the event
* Conduct pre and post evaluations and report on outcomes
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Be a self-starter who works well both independently and as a member of a team
* Works well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
* Maintains effective communication by following up and/or reaching out to various constituents in a timely manner
* Typical duties may include providing moderate to complex administrative and clerical support for assign development directors.
* Develop and track timelines for various projects on an ongoing basis to see projects/tacks to completion
* The incumbent should possess the ability to analyze budgetary data and make accurate and reliable fiscal projections.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field preferred
* Experience working directly with students
* Experience maintaining records and documentation
* Knowledge of the CAE-C Community
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft or a similar platform
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.