WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Information Technology
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
Performs the following, as routine assignments under close supervision:
- Participate in the planning and delivery of customer support services to the organization; install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot mainframe (Tier I) hardware and software components; present formal and informal training and assistance to customers; and report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
- Receive, respond to, and ensure resolution of help center calls; document actions taken; give needed guidance or training to customers to prevent recurrences; and assist more experienced specialists in resolving very complex problems.
- Install, configure, and test software on customer workstations.
- Provide technical advice and assistance on small local projects. Identify computer requirements and limitations to help define user problems and needs.
- Assist with feasibility studies of proposals, considering costs and benefits. Participate in long range or major implementation initiatives, and independently conduct a phase such as planning, implementation, and evaluation of mainframe (Tier I) systems.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 12/13/2023 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 12/13/2023.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.