California Applicants, please click to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy.
As a Bartender you will take responsibility for providing the ultimate guest experience to our guest who may be shopping with a cocktail in hand, or joining us for light fare.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their food and beverage experience and respond to questions with respect to retail as well.
- Set the course - Possess complete knowledge of all food and beverage menus - including ingredients, preparation methods, and presentation. Complete all retail product knowledge courses. Actively participate in all location related meetings and training sessions, and apply learned skills on the job.
- Build the perfect oasis -
- Practice proper cash handling and operation of the point-of-sale system and tips.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for all team members and Guests.
- Maintain proper stock levels (including inventory control and ordering) of perishables and spirits according to projected business. Properly care for and store all product.
- Verify proper government-issued identification of Guests when alcohol is ordered as required by state and federal law.
- Adhere to company and location policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Must meet the minimum age for preparing and serving alcoholic beverages
- High School diploma or GED
- Generally, 1+ year of bartending or related experience in a full-service restaurant
- Prior Guest Service experience
- Must have current food handler's card and alcohol service certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Must have an aptitude and enthusiasm to learn about all Tommy Bahama products available to our guest
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required - frequently
- Climbing ladders - occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in . Right to Work Statement in and .