The Engineering Technician responsibilities include requirements refinement, design management, project management activities, and documenting construction. Technicians will review progress and provide quality assurance/quality control reports (oral and written) of work in progress and provide recommendations to the Government throughout the project cycle. Work includes performing enterprise business system data entry for assigned projects. Technicians foster communication between the personnel, Architectural & Engineering firms, customers, construction contractors, the project delivery team, and other key stakeholders.
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated Starting Salary Range for Engineering Technician: $
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other possible benefits as provided. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.
Engineering Technician Responsibilities Include:
- Composes contract scope and approach for future construction activities at MCAS Yuma, in support of FEAD.
- Identify and/or outline facility projects that repair, upgrade, or maintain existing buildings and structures
- Performs facility condition assessments using well-established occupational methods, techniques, processes, and precedents such as: determining facility, grounds, or equipment overhaul, maintenance, restoration, or repair needs; preparing plans and specifications for alterations at a facility
- Conducts facility equipment inventories to identify all installed equipment manufacturer, model, serial number, installation date and other equipment related information for loading or validation into USMC Maximo
- Performs periodic BUILDER inspections of existing facilities and assists management with development of long-range maintenance plans
- Assist MCAS Yuma FEAD Program Managers as directed. This may include inspections, preparing technical reports for acquisition support, and permitting compliance requirements.
- Provide support to the Engineering Director or his/her designee daily.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Engineering Technician Experience, Education, Skills, Abilities requested:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering, science or environmentally related technical field consistent with the required duties of the position and a minimum of 4 years of directly applicable experience.
- Strong knowledge of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning/electrician/plumbing and or carpentry trades is required
- Knowledge and experience with facility maintenance and repair cost estimating methods
- Excellent communication skills both oral, visual and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of GIS, BUILDER and NEXGEN IT (Tririga) desired.
- Knowledge of E4Clicks or other cost estimating software.
- Knowledge of MS Project, AutoCADD, Primavera, and Visio a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze technical designs and drawings is required.
- Must pass pre-employment qualifications of Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) provides support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. The company takes a personalized approach to solving our clients' toughest challenges, helping you make the most of your skills. CNMC is part of Cherokee Federal - a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Similar Job Titles:
Technical Support Engineer
Field Service Technician
Legal Disclaimer: Cherokee Federal is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit cherokee-federal.com/careers for information regarding our Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Statement, Accommodation request, and Presidential EO 14042 Notice.
Please Note: This position is pending a contract award. If you are interested in a future with Cherokee Federal, APPLY TODAY! Although this is not an approved position, we are accepting applications for this future and anticipated need.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.