Are you looking for a career with premium benefits and the potential for growth? At Trinity Services Group, we have created something special, a better place to work and grow. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path.
We also offer a $250 bonus for completing our Rookie's Fast Track Program within the first 60 days!
We now also offer DailyPay providing you immediate access to earned wages. Work Today, Get Paid Today!
We are proud to be a military and veteran friendly employer.
About This Position
The Food Service Worker accurately and efficiently prepares and serves a variety of food items in accordance with assigned work instructions and menus within a correctional setting. This position also utilizes a variety of food preparation utensils and machines in preparing food.
Our ideal Food Service Worker excels at the following:
- Passionate about food and service
- Has a solid understanding of food handling regulations
- Desire to always learn more
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Dependable and flexible
- Prepare, assist, or instruct inmate labor and/or team members in the preparation of quality foods according to the planned menu, recipes, and work instructions in a timely manner.
- The duties of the Food Service Worker include, but are not limited to, cleaning as you go, maintaining a neat and food safe workstation, pulling trash, sweeping, mopping, and any other duties assigned within the facility.
- Serve food during planned meal schedules and according to department policies and procedures.
- Utilize kitchen utensils/equipment to cook, prepare and serve food according to recipes. Use proper utensils to serve menued portions and as appropriate to meet clients' nutritional needs.
- Abide by all food safety regulations pertaining to sanitation, food handling and storage.
- Maintain a clean work area/environment that includes cleaning of refrigerators/freezers, cooking equipment, and serving equipment.
- Function in a fast-paced environment, perform routine kitchen tasks, while being organized and clean.
- Keep up with garbage collection and keep kitchen floors clean from excess food/trash.
- This role includes physical demands such as lifting, bending, pushing, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to stand and be on your feet for much of the scheduled shift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, and you must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant experience is a plus
Trinity Services Group (TSG) offers comprehensive benefits to all regular-full time employees:
- Medical w/prescription coverage
- Benefit Credit received when enrolled in a TKC medical plan, to help offset your benefit costs. Benefit Credit of $750 annually, will be divided evenly among your paychecks throughout the Plan Year.
- Basic Life and Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary benefits (i.e. short term, long term disability and many more) options may be selected to create the right package for you
TSG also understands the importance of work life balance and planning for the future. To help with both of these, employees are eligible for:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.